What is Vinyl Wrap?A vinyl wrap is a highly durable adhesive film used to protect your vehicle’s paint or for changing the color of your ride, for cosmetic purposes. There are many different brands of vinyl, including but not limited to, 3M, Avery Dennison, KPMF, Orafol, and Hexis. These are the leading brands in the vinyl wrap industry, as of 2021.
Some basic guidelines to use when choosing the amount of material you need to wrap a vehicle:
How Much Vinyl Do I Need to Wrap a Car?
• 60 inches by 45 feet for compact cars (i.e., Volkswagen GTI, Honda Civic, Mazda3)
• 60 inches by 60 feet for standard cars (i.e., Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata)
• 60 inches by 75 feet for trucks (i.e., Ford F-150, Ram 1500, Chevy Silverado)
Please keep in mind that the amount of material you need depends on your skill level. If you are a beginner to the intermediate-level wrapper, we recommend ordering more to cover for any potential mistakes made in the wrapping process.
On average, a well-installed vinyl wrap will last for 3-5 years, but some wraps can remain in excellent shape for 7 years or longer.
How Long Does Vinyl Wrap Last?
Some factors that determine how long your wrap lasts include:
• Type of material used; major brands last longer. (VVivid, Teckwrap, and other China-made films are not major brands)
• Contaminates; chemicals, tree sap, water spots, and not cleaning your wrap.
• Where you live; hot climates with a lot of sun and states that use salt for managing snow can decrease the lifespan
The cost of vinyl wrapping a vehicle depends on a few factors that need to be taken into account, including:
How Much Does It Cost to Wrap a Car?
• The type of material; every brand has different pricing options, sometimes for the same material.
• The amount of material; the more material you need, the more expensive your purchase will be.
• DIY or hiring an installer; if you are wrapping a vehicle yourself, you won't need to take into account paying someone else to get the project done. Please visit www.wraplocal.com to search for professional installers in your area.
Please keep in mind that hiring a professional vinyl wrap installer will typically run you anywhere between $1,500 - $3,000. These prices do not reflect all installers, it is only an estimation.
Metro Restyling carries only the best vinyl wrap brands in the industry. Shop our store today!